Saturday, August 29, 2009

Byron Bay

So in ByronBay after a relatively decent flight to Brisbane. No upgrade again despite diamond status. Cx either having a hard time filling up seats or I'm not asking aggressively enough. Wanted to try Fins which moved to Salt Village Kingscliff for lunch but ran into horrendous traffic. Vs a 2 hr expected drive into town took 4 hr to make it into Byron bay. Partially hertz's fault. Gave me a stickshift!! But despite all that. Worth it so far. The closer i got to byron the scenery got better! ( and the traffic just reminded me of LA)

byron @ byron bay itself is comfortable, kind of like an apartment in the middle of the rainforest. Comfy but no wow factor so far like places like the Datai. Being able to hear my neighbours's conversations, however interesting, still v annoying

Still a good happy way to spend a Sat. So far. Again. I think I miss SF

No comments: