Sunday, August 30, 2009

Life is good near Byron Bay

When I renovated my apartment I took out the bathtub which was a bathtub cum shower with nasty plastic curtains et al, but I still love bathtubs, esp when they are proper standalone tubs, like the one I'm blissfully soaking in now

The nicest thing I discovered about Byron At Byron Bay is that most of the resort is rainforest, fragrant and full of birds, cicadas and resident enus. A walk away from the pool and lobby area led to lily ponds, rainforest and little areas to sit and read

After a still not cheap lunch and a stroll in picture perfect Bungalow, headed down to the beach at Byron Bay again where just like Santa Monica, it was just a little too busy for me, back at Tallow Beach, a 5-10 min walk from Byron resort, hung w/tons of surfers in the water and also shares the beach with fishermen, dogs and etc

Did also manage to grab a snack at the byron at BR, while reading an article on having essential one night stands--a 24 hr holiday away from the daily grind. I wholeheartedly agree!!

No comments: